Need to get this off my chest. Being someone who values history & culture, I was quite pissed off/aghast (even though I'm not from around there) when one of the group member's friend (or was it herself?) actually said that Stonehenge 只是几块石头 (is just some rocks). I don't understand these people. You don't appreciate never mind, but actually say these things? They just make me think they are really shallow. Luckily, those around us were Caucasians and probably would not have understood that phrase...hopefully.
Hmm...guess I'm quite a reserved/shy person, if not overtly serious person, who reflects a lot, so I have quite a mindful waiting to spill, things simple, close to heart...
~ 1 of my dreams is to serve in the music ministry in church... however, as I'm out of practice in my music skills, not sure how I can fit in...can only play a little piano & violin. Even more so, I want to compose worship songs.
A real Librarian
~ I want to be a real professional librarian, doing real reference work and collection development.
Picking up my Violin
~ I have been wishing to pick up my violin again, but have been procrastinating.
Need to get this off my chest.
ReplyDeleteBeing someone who values history & culture, I was quite pissed off/aghast (even though I'm not from around there) when one of the group member's friend (or was it herself?) actually said that Stonehenge 只是几块石头 (is just some rocks).
I don't understand these people. You don't appreciate never mind, but actually say these things? They just make me think they are really shallow. Luckily, those around us were Caucasians and probably would not have understood that phrase...hopefully.