I finally got down to writing a Chinese worship song (yeah! 1 resolution fulfilled). Haven't got a title for it yet, but I'll just share the lyrics. Haven't had time to record it yet too, and also have been down with the flu.
你是我生命的清泉
将我罪孽洗纯净
你是那无罪的羔羊
将血流尽十字架
Chorus:
啊。。。我的主
因为你的爱让我获得永生
唔。。。耶稣我的救主
只有你能把我护
© 2008
This song was written as part of a songwriting exercise when someone suggested that we (Songcraft) all try to write a song with the chord progression "C F G C Am F G C" and see if they would sound the same. Well, I started trying out the chords (yeah! learnt to play a new chord) and somehow, the tune followed. I just did some “la la la” humming and added the words later. Although it was an “exercise” the words were actually rather focused coz I wanted to build up on the theme "All About The Cross", and of course from the heart. I had initially intended to add another verse, but due to my "rusty" Chinese and that the verse started to make the song complex (too many relational aspects), I decided to keep it simple & stick to the theme.
I had always wanted to write a Chinese worship song and the chords were just right…it sounded like those Chinese worship songs that were sung in church.
10 years ago

After much deliberation, I have finally found a title for my song...《主的救泉》
ReplyDeleteI also realised that I could actually keep repeating the song and could either end at the end of the verse or the chorus. Must be by virtue of the chords?