(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Friday, August 01, 2008

Singapore Youth Festival 2008 Art & Craft Exhibition

I viewed an art exhibition at NAFA today (Galleries 1 & 2) and I found some of the pieces quite well-done. They were works by mainly JC students & some secondary school ones awarded with Gold.

However, I soon found them disturbing. Art (by youngsters) today is no longer innocent. Looking at the overall theme in their works, I found the context dark and many depicting the darker side of society, life, culture, etc. What are our youngsters facing in our society today that things are so bleak in their perceptions? They seem to be placed in a situation of early maturity and it is sad. you know the scary part? They might not find it bleak coz it has become an everyday part of life.

Maybe I'm too idealistic...innocent in my mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment