(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Axis of Awesome

Ok, this took a long time in publishing.

Axis of Awesome's Infinity Rock Explosion! was part of the Flipside programmes organised by Esplanade in conjunction with the Singapore Arts Festival. I bought tickets to this as a farewell treat for a friend who was transferring out of my dept, and we all could use a good laugh.

Axis of Awesome is a three-men band who make parodies of songs, with 1 of them looking like Jack Black (which the trio did not fail to take a dig). They are probably most famous for their Four Chords song, which was how I knew about them.


What kept ringing in my ears was Birdplane, which was a parody of Five for Fighting's It's Not Easy (the Superman song). Their lyrics? "I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane...I'm a birdplane". Ha!

The performance was hilarious, but there were some parts that were rather "sensitive".

No comments:

Post a Comment