(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Saturday, March 30, 2013

Weird Hitchhiker

I had a really strange encounter today.

As I stopped and waited at the traffic light round the corner of my house towards the main road, a woman came and knocked on my window (passenger side). I was taken by surprise and wary, but nonetheless, as it was still red light, I grabbed my bag in the seat (you'll never know) and wound the window down slightly to hear what she was saying.

And she actually asked me if I were driving towards Serangoon, Ang Mo Kio or even Thomson. Of course I said no! And wound up my window. It was the truth, but even if it weren't I would still say no. Seriously? Why would I let a stranger into my car, especially in this circumstance? Who knows what she would do? I may sound paranoid, but it was very weird, when the main road was just there, and she could have taken the bus or taxi. What if she whipped out a knife in the car or was some crazy woman? Her mannerism was a bit weird (ok, maybe I'm thinking too much), but IMH isn't that far from my house... And if she were trying to save money, sorry, no way. I didn't even know the person. Very weird.

I'm very selective in whom I give a ride to, especially after a bad experience.

I was glad my doors were locked. Who hitches a ride in Singapore?

No comments:

Post a Comment