Well, my friends would know I've been single. However, I do hope to find the special someone someday (soon I hope). So I've been thinking about what kind of guy I would like. It's not a new topic and of course I have some "criteria" so to speak, but this post is not about listing my criteria. I'm thinking more of our future posting in the ministry of God.
These 2-3 years, God has revealed to me many things, and most importantly, I believe He has shown me my calling which is in line with the vision of my church.
So now it becomes a bit tricky. A few years ago, it might not have been an issue for me to leave my church if I found someone outside my church. However, since given this direction, my concern would be if my future partner will be willing to share this vision with me and to also serve alongside me, albeit in another way but in accordance with my church's direction...in short, I can't imagine leaving my church now and would he be willing to transfer to my church (if he is not from my church). It sounds selfish and I understand this could be a potential source of contention and some couples have taken the way of joining a brand new church altogether.
Sidetrack a bit, I now see a purpose and am glad that nothing came out of my feelings for a guy some years ago. His was a family church, so likely he won't leave his church and we do seem to share different values in terms of relationships, i.e. same faith. In any case, he is happily married and I wish him all the best. Thankfully, I'm over it and many other things have happened since (not in love matters) that I'm thankful of.
Looking back now, I realised that if not for what happened (it was not meant to be), I would not have had the journey I had that led to discovering this calling of mine.
So my difficulty now is finding the right man in the current scenario. While I've yet to enter my calling, I would be in maybe a few years time. My dream is that we will build a Godly family and serve together in ministry as a family.

No comments:
Post a Comment