(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Monday, August 07, 2006

Partners in Crime : A Singapore Murder Mystery by S Mahadevan Flint

Just read this book which after finishing, I'll stick to the decision that it is not bad (if you had read my earlier comments in my Current Reads column). It's quite well-written for a 1st-time Singapore novelist.

It's one of those "whodunnit"s, but set in Singapore, in a law firm (corporate law). A senior partner is murdered and just who is the murderer, what's the motive?
Fortunately, for me, there's no anti-climax & I do find myself wanting to read on.

Although I won't say it's addictive in the sense like when I read Agatha Christie (where once I finish a book of AC, I would be craving for the next book in the series (I get "withdrawal syndrome" sometimes)), you'll want to finish it and it sort of rounds up as a novel on its own.
I think I will read the next book (wonder if it will end up as a series) which the author is currently working on.

Why not read it if you like mystery? You'll hardly find something like this in the Singapore context. You can borrow it from the library under the Singapore collection, call no. FLI.

No comments:

Post a Comment