I attended a digital art workshop these past 2 days as part of another Bear Fruit workshop programme. Besides interest, it was also partly because I had some spare leave from last year which I needed to clear (or else it would be forfeited). Why not spend it on something useful & enriching? It was interesting; something new to me.
The theme was like expressing heritage through digital art, so we went for a visit to the Children Little Museum on Kandahar Street. It's a private museum of games, toys, etc. of the olden days.
These photos were eventually used as something to work on to create some form of digital art. So this was what I got from my photos.
Of course, there was another piece we were asked to create which required us to draw something on our own. As I am quite bad at drawing, mine was one of those "abstract art" kind of pieces. Well, I guess I work as the thing comes about and takes form on its own...more conceptual stuff.
It was fun to experiment with stuff like kaleidoscope effects, layering, etc. to create my pieces.
We used Corel Painter to do our work, but unfortunately, after conversion to jpeg (from RIFF), you can't really see some of the effects, especially layering, hence some of the texture is lost. But oh well, better than nothing.
10 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment