My friend did a cover of a song that I wrote some time again, which I presented at a recent Songcraft session. It's a Christian song. I had composed it using the guitar (just chords) but he has done it with melody on the PC I think (electric organ/piano?). You can listen to it here.
http://jerronlee.wordpress.com/2007/12/27/all-i-want-is-to-live-for-you/
About the song:
I wrote it back in 2002. I had learnt a few more chords by then (initially I only knew "C" "D" & "G" which I used for my other song Dear Child) and one day, this phrase "all I want is to live for you" came into my mind as I felt convicted to really do this for GOD. So the song came. It must have been GOD-given for how would I have written a song simply based on a phrase? I was also inspired by the song Lover of my Heart, a worship song which starts with the lyrics "All I want, is to see your face..."
I do hope I'll be able to write more worship songs...especially a Chinese one at least.
Anyway, have finally completed my song Loner in a Crowd after a lapse of 2 years. Had done the verses some time in Nov'05 and only recently managed to get a chorus. However, as expected, it might a bit mis-matched coz I can't loop the tune of the chorus back to the verses! So yah, after the chorus, can't repeat the verses, only the chorus.
10 years ago

Wow, a 2 year-old songwriting process ;) Let us hear it next session ok?
ReplyDeleteYou know, I prefer your guitar version of "All I Want..."
ok. But it'll be a capella style coz I don't have a full score and it's kinda weird just playing the melody when I'm singing it.
ReplyDeleteHee...yah, I like my guitar version more...of course since it's the original version. Maybe it's because of the choice of "instrument" to play the music. If it were the normal piano, might have been better?
However, I'm not good at playing the guitar...also becoz I'm more used to the classical guitar. Ok, once I practise it and try & record it, will put it up. Hmm...maybe can ask JY to send me the one recorded during the last session if he's free to cut it.
Oh. I used the E.Piano voicing on my Yamaha keyboard.
ReplyDeleteYa, maybe this song is more suited for guitar? Or did I play badly or use the wrong arrangement.
Anyway nice song you wrote.
no lah, you played fine & the arrangement is fine. Maybe it's the electronic tone.
ReplyDeleteI think for me, coz the guitar version is the original, it's closer to my heart. Maybe the guitar version has some simplicity and personal touch to the song too.
Hmm...maybe should try the violin, but then would need to come up with the notations for that.
Thanks very much for finding it good enough for a cover, although I really 不敢当. Glad you found it nice.
That's amazing. Keep up the good work and continue to dedicate your musical talent to the Lord.
ReplyDelete