(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Saturday, December 29, 2007

The music artists I like

I was just reflecting last night that bands/groups/duos are the ones that usually don't last...even if they are a hit. Somehow, 1 day, they get disbanded, whether due to circumstances, they lead their own lives, someone dies, etc.

So, what does this have to do with the music artists I like? Sad to say, besides those solo artists, I somehow seem to like those bands/groups/duo that seem rather shortlived or have split or are not in existence anymore. One of the genres I like is the oldies, so as expected, some are no longer around. Like The Beatles and The Carpenters. I recently discovered The International Submarine Band (country/folk) but they were disbanded even before their 1st album together were released...so they only had 1 album Safe At Home :(

Some other more recent ones are Mono (remember the movie Great Expectations with Ethan Hawke & Gywneth Paltrow?), Plus One and Savage Garden. Fortunately, there are still some that I like that are still around. Recently discovered this new band Fauxliage...not sure about this though coz their recently released 1st album has Leigh Nash as the lead and I'm not sure if this would just be an 1-time collaboration...I like the way she brings out the songs.

1 comment:

  1. Yupz, I like Mono's song in that movie ;)

    ReplyDelete