Finally found time to drop by South Beach Development for a look at the exhibits.
On the whole, there were less exhibits and maybe it wasn't the kind I liked as much...think I was more or less going "huh?" at the exhibits. Not many things to excite me really, but maybe it was that there wasn't aircon? And the strange smell of the place. Honestly, I think there were too many video installations there that were, well, like normal short films/documentaries. Unfortunately, I didn't feel like sitting through them. It was quite different when I saw the City Hall video installations. It was visually more artistically done I feel, if you know what I mean.
Overall, I preferred the City Hall exhibits. more interesting & impactful to me...maybe they were more "loud"? And maybe, it was more distinguishable as visual art. Maybe I'm more conservative and a traditionalist towards art. Maybe also becoz I had a friend with me when I went to City Hall?
Anyway, here are some shots.
10 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment