Oh wow.
I couldn't help but feel very blessed as I was drawn into a reflective mood today. How vast and immerse is God's plan and how everything is connected. I cannot imagine what the plan He has for me, but it's so amazing that it just pans out slowly, with glimpses of the way ahead. All I can say is 'WoW'.
I was just thinking about how I started fencing. And I was reminded that actually, I was thinking about what sports I would love to try out then (either fencing or horse riding), and suddenly it was offered as a fitness program by my organisation. I can't really recall how I got interested in the first place, but it was likely Sherlock Holmes. And it was great as I got to know wonderful people from the fencing club. (It's not the more well-known Z Fencing, of which I'm glad) I'm really glad I continued even though my org stopped offering it. And if you read my earlier post, I made my fencing resolution and it's going to happen! Haha...maybe fencing has some prospects for me after all (just kidding).
And talking about my org, it's really another miracle and it dawned on me how all the nuggets of things I'm doing today is all connected here. First things first, getting into the org was really God's provision even from the time I took up my Masters and going through the interview, and now I've stayed here for more than 5 years. And if God hadn't put me in this place, I wouldn't have had the chance to pursue my passions, try new stuff (e.g. artsy stuff), take up fencing, meet some wonderful colleagues and very importantly, discovered Songcraft. It's all like a web of some sort and there seems to be some big picture going on which I'm yet to know, but am getting a glimpse of what's ahead, or rather the path ahead, I think, like walking through a tunnel. The road ahead is pretty vague, but I trust the Lord to guide me. You know something, I have been having this feeling that my lost opportunity to transfer out of my dept has something to do with the plans and happenings coming this year. I can't put my finger to it, but there's something there.
10 years ago

These posts usu come across as being very inspirational. I wish I had already found a direction to head, then maybe I could be happier too.
ReplyDeleteI can't say that I did it on my own, but rather, I was led thus far. I still don't know what's ahead but by faith I will follow. Usually, humanly, I can only realise these things after the fact, and then be encouraged to look forward to the next step.
ReplyDeleteYou will find your way.