(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Monday, April 12, 2010

Clash of the Titans

Hmm...I don't really know what to make of this as it was not exactly what I had expected.
I was imagining a serious heroic epic movie where Perseus (Sam Worthington) would save the day (which he did, still). But it was not exactly "serious". In fact, it felt a bit like a comedy at some points. I had initially anticipated a more Troy setting. Not exactly as serious, but you know what I mean.

Really. There were some corny parts (especially the ending) and I think somehow, one doesn't really get the "Greek" feel which by right, Clash of the Titans should be. There were a no. of contributing factors. I think some of the costumes were not right, especially that of the gods (why was Zeus in shining silver armour?). And there was a guy who looked like some Indian guru as he went around rounding up people to worship the gods. Also, the language. The words or way they were spoken were somehow too "modern". As much as I love to see Sam Worthington's clean shaven face, he looked more Roman than Greek when most of the other men were sporting long hair and/or beards.

I can only vaguely remember the old Clash of the Titans and in my recollection, it was more serious as Perseus tries to find his identity and battle monsters and save the girl.

Maybe I should revise my Greek mythology.

No comments:

Post a Comment