Wow, it seems it has been a long time since I posted something about "me" here.
Guess I've been busy reviewing stuff (which I'm still doing and clearing) and work has been busy. Well, so here I am, back again, talking about myself...that's what a personal blog is about isn't it?
Anyway, ever since I came back from Hong Kong, I've been compelled to want to do some street photography (i.e. taking photos of the streets or city). More specifically, I have this compulsion to go back to Hong Kong on my own, to photograph the street scenes, billboards, etc. On those last days, I felt I didn't really see enough of Hong Kong and its sights. I didn't even visit the Arts Fest even though it was ongoing then. The whole trip was just eating and shopping, and well, maybe a little bit of nature on Lama Island. In fact, I didn't do that too on the other trip last Oct (which was pretty short). What have I actually seen of Hong Kong? Maybe I was too caught up in moving from place to place to actually just wander the streets leisurely. That's why, I thought of going on my own, or at the most, with 1 other friend.
Actually, I think I developed this feeling on the last few days of the trip. Maybe it was when I had the opportunity to take a "stroll" on my own from H&M to Peninsula Hotel. Short distance as it may be, but I was suddenly alone, at my own pace, and I took time to stop by the Hullett House area (some kind of heritage area). Maybe it was also the tram bus ride. In any case, I might just do that, going back to Hong Kong one of these days just to "experience" it in another way.
This kind of brings me back to when I actually walked around the city taking photos. Actually, only the City Hall area lah. It gave a different kind of feel to life really. At that point, I was in the mood for photography. I'm not a pro (only going around with an automatic) but there was some sort of satisfaction or just carefree feel, even if it was just for half a day, once in a while.
I must say I'm a girl of many interests, and they take priority at different times. Ah well, it's time I got down to finishing up my short play. Did the 1st draft and gotten some feedback, so will need to go revise it. I don't know what I'm going to do with the script eventually, but just see how things goes.
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment