Recently, I have been moping around and somehow, I had many things on my mind (work wasn't really 1 of them but I did feel a little stressed with the FY, aka deadlines, ending soon). I prayed hard each day for peace and stillness in my heart. I felt I needed some distractions (work was counted as 1 of these), coz if I paused, then I sort of dwelt on things.
Anyway, I was strongly convicted to go for service this weekend. Not that I don't go for service, but this week, there was a strong compulsion. It was like some need/urge arose in me (I think we understand there are sometimes different moods about going for service). Of course given the state of my heart, there is definitely a need!
And what do you know? Today, it was all about how to still you heart/soul (Psalm 62)! Although this year's focus is all about Sabbath & rest, and "rest" pops up every week in service, this must be divine, to quieten our soul. It's amazing, like the answer to my prayers. I hope that indeed, my heart will settle down.
Anyway, on the side, I had missed last week's service (overslept *guilty*) and going for service today made me feel like I had missed service for a long time.
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment