(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's no fun telling me

A friend of mine recently commented that it's no fun telling me "breaking news" or gossip. We were having a group dinner and she did a drum roll kind of announcement of some rumour she heard. And as per my usual "cool" and collected look, I didn't respond as expected, i.e. surprised. She then asked me if I had already heard of the rumour, which I had not. So she exclaimed that it's no fun telling me these things as I always don't look surprised. Nevertheless, the kaypoh me still likes to hear all these. Haha! Maybe I should try to act surprised next time.

Anyway, it's not the first time something similar has been said to me by other people. There could be a few reasons.

1) slow reaction - I can be quite 慢半拍 at times.
2) it takes a lot to surprise me? or maybe the news has to be something that pushes a certain button in me.
3) and maybe, as you can tell by now, I analyse a lot, so maybe I respond in my mind to find plausible reasons for the piece of news first, and not respond with emotions, hence missing that momentary surprise factor.

Anyway, on another topic, wishy washiness by friends can be quite detrimental to the relationship at times. With all good intentions, they might think they're being kind or are avoiding facing the problem, or even worse, trying to have everything. It might be unconscious or they think they're doing the right thing or being "noble" (for want of a better word) . However, some things not addressed early will snowball into something much bigger that leads to frustration of the relationship and misunderstandings. Heard friends' stories and maybe my own. At times, you reach the point of not wanting to talk about it not because you don't care or take the blame upon yourself, but that you kind of have given up and become jaded, because somehow you feel that the other person will never realise their part in the whole affair or see your point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment