(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Vancouver Trip 2010 part 3 - Vancouver Island (1)

So it's off to the islands on the next part of our journey.

Taking a ferry landed us on Vancouver Island where we drove down to Victoria. The 1st thing on our mind when we reached was of course lunch (or brunch a. We stopped by this place called Lady Marmalade where I discovered my new favourite drink - the London Fog. It is actually earl grey tea mixed with vanilla cream and foamed milk. I chose soy milk which gave it a rather different taste. I don't usually take my earl grey with milk as I like it strong and "spicy", but the earl grey here was strong enough to be tasted still. I ordered a Crepe Monsieur (as opposed to "croque") while the others ordered the bennys and waffle. Very satisfactory.
Vancouver10_0235 Vancouver10_0257 Vancouver10_0261

Following lunch, we proceeded to visit the Royal BC Museum, not forgetting to walk along the wharf and smell some huge tulips at The Empress. The museum hosted a natural history museum, which saw the various creatures from past to present, sea life, land life and also the First Nations exhibits.
 Vancouver10_0277 Vancouver10_0294 Vancouver10_0323 Vancouver10_0386

After the museum, it was off to our lodgings in Esquimalt to check in. A nice little cottage (Cottage Piroutte). After checking in, we headed off in search of dinner. My friend had researched on a place, but unexpectedly, it was no longer there and in its place, was a sukiyaki place which we decided to try. And it turned out quite well.
Vancouver10_0398 Vancouver10_0406 Vancouver10_0415

After dinner, we were surprised by the light-up of the parliament houses and the nice sunset view of the wharf, with artists working.
Vancouver10_0417 Vancouver10_0418 Vancouver10_0421

No comments:

Post a Comment