(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Saturday, November 21, 2009

rehearsal for Songcraft Mini-concert

Well, after the musical, my friend & I went in search of a venue to rehearse my song for the concert tomorrow (or rather today since it's past midnight now). And we found a rather nice place - the City Hall steps. I really liked the place. Upon reaching, I realised the countdown timer for the YOG was brightly lit and couldn't resist a photo.
YOG timer

Anyway, I think the steps was a great place to rehearse (if weather permits) and the feeling was pretty cool. It felt open, but yet private & carefree at the same time. ok, I admit there wasn't really anybody around except a small group of people packing up after a photo shoot. But I think I'll still feel the same if there were people around. The important thing was it was bright and we could actually hear ourselves, despite the noise from the traffic. (Actually, I felt my song seem to fit into the environment)
After rehearsal, as I departed, I realised I have not been walking this area for a while and seeing the new buildings coming up (Marina Bay Sands) and the lights made me want to dwell a little longer, except it was getting late and I was pretty tired after a long day. I should take half a day off some day to come here again for a walk like I used to. The colonial district always has this effect on me.

Anyway, we managed to settle on the final structure to present my song, which was a simple standard one, verse-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-repeat last 2 lines of chorus. Initially we though we go "fancify" the ending but it didn't work out. And a simple intro was chosen with G C G G. I think this sounded a bit more "uplifting" than Am C G, which will help set the mood of my song. And there! We're all set for the concert (well almost). Just need to rehearse again before the concert. Hopefully I don't get stage fright and "lose" my voice.

The concert is at Play Den@Arts House, 7.30pm, Sat 21 Nov.

No comments:

Post a Comment