10 years ago
Friday, December 18, 2009
Les Miserables vs A Tale of Two Cities
My friend and I were discussing about musicals and he mentioned about the complexity of the storyline of Les Misérables. I think we mentioned Charles Dickens earlier in the conversation and I was immediately reminded of A Tale of Two Cities. Probably it's because it was set around the same time (French Revolution) and references to redemption, although the story is quite different and rather complex. (I must admit I never got to finish the book).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha i think u shd definitely b better off than me. I read all of 3 chapters of "A Tale of 2 Cities" and never touched the book again. Too profound for me, and it was so tedious having to read, then re-read each para i just read.
ReplyDeleteOops, now u will know how shallow I am. HAHAHA. :p
haha...I think I got through half the book, just before the revolution started.
ReplyDeleteYah, it's a heavy book. I think I started on it during a period when I was very into Dickens, but then I moved to his other books which were lighter & less tedious. :P
Haha...me not too far from you too.
LOL. 3 chapters as compared to half a book lei!
ReplyDeleteI think that book, together with Life of Pi, were one of those bks that somehow I jst gave up on. Oh, Sophie's World was another. :p