(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Thursday, December 03, 2009

Year-end inspirations : musicals

The year end is always a time where a lot of musicals seem to be playing, like for this Nov/Dec some major ones were/are Victor/Victoria, Beauty and the Beast and Broadway Beng: Jiak Liu Lian. It's hard not to get in the spirit and want to do something creative. Just like how last year's "season" prompted me to write a duet with a musical in mind.

Well, following my friend's post on writing musicals, it prompted my brain juices to start thinking of storylines for possible musicals to stage. I only managed to get out a gist of one (a love triangle), and with the friend, we're working on a brainstorming session to really come up with more stories and also tweak some existing storylines we have.
Of course, everything is very preliminary and some stories might fail, but I think it'll be a really fun experience. After all, 2 heads are definitely better than 1 and we need to do this especially in this period while our "engines" are all started up so that all these creative juices will flow more freely. Looking forward to it! Now I must think of more storylines.

PS: Did you know that I used to dream of writing a book? That was rather long ago, as now I'm much more focused on songs. I actually started on something a while back, but had only succeeded in getting 1 page out. Ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment