(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Saturday, December 19, 2009

Musical Story 2.1

As posted earlier, I finished a rough storyline that had 2 versions (2.1 & 2.2), a story about escaping fate.

So I showed it to my mentor who was back in Singapore for the holidays and he said he preferred 2.1 as 2.2 was a bit vague at some point (the middle portion...both stories start & end the same). Gee, my friend had the same comment. Hee...I was trying to be slightly less conventional in 2.2, but I guess it wasn't strong enough. Ah well, criticism is good, especially when there's consensus.

The good thing was that he wasn't expecting it to end that way, i.e. that 1 of the characters dies. That's a good sign for stories - something unexpected. Well, I kind of "had to" end it that way for various reasons, something like breaking the cycle of "condemnation" and of course, for the dramatic effect.

But my friend found it too tragic, which I would agree. So much so that I preferred to write something more light-hearted after that. Tragedies are very draining, but it was a fun process anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment