(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Worship Songwriting with Bob Fitts - Day 1

It was the 1st day and my! I could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit, gentle as it may be.

I think this is my first time attending a songwriting class. Coincidentally, I met my guitar instructor from Believer Music there.

Today's session was more like "discovery" as we touched on 2 topics - 1) understanding the uniqueness of your gift, and 2) setting the stage to release your gift. It was interactive as we were asked to share and ask questions or give comments, even as Bob went through his points.
Before we began each session (in between breaks), we would have short worship sessions and they were really good times as we broke into new songs during the "free worship" portions. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the tunes to what I sang, but I did jot down the words. Must remember to record them tomorrow.

Anyway, today's session spoke to me and I was constantly reminded of the profoundness of simplicity. That has been my motto or how I describe myself (see my header above - complexity in simplicity, simplicity in complexity)! And also, a prophecy given to me many years ago during a church retreat came back to me. One of the prophecies released to me was a worship anointing, and it would be that 'in mine is a simplicity'. Gee...I forget these prophecies sometimes, but thank God I have reminders (and the transcript).

Tomorrow will be more of the "technical" part and will probably do some "practical", i.e. write songs on the spot. *stressed* but am looking forward to it. :)

Just a side note...Bob Fitts looks really young; he looks like in his late 30s or about 40, but he's already 55. Ok, that's beside the point. But I've always felt that those who follow God closely always seem to look younger. Even my senior pastor is like that (my friend thought he was in his 30s but he's already 58). Must be all the joy and hope that they have in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment