(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Sunday, August 22, 2010

You Can Win and Have Success

These 6 weeks are meant to be special, or rather, specially themed cellgroup sessions that are focus on overcoming life's difficulties when you have Jesus. It's our church's 40 Days of Faith movement (I happen to be the facilitator for the first few sessions). Generally, it's not just about asking your friends to share in the good news, but it's also a time for us Christians to renew our faith, and build our faith. After all, we're all humans and experience our ups and downs in various aspects of our life, and all need that boost once in a while. We can trust to be overcomers when we put our faith in God.

Well, this week's theme (3rd session) is "You Can Win and Have Success" and it basically targets our work life (or school if you're a student). But I'm sure it can apply to all areas. The 3 key points (or blessings we can experience) are that with God and faith in Jesus, there will be sufficiency, satisfaction and success in our workplace (and all areas of our lives).

I was just thinking, without a God-focused take on our work, we will lack 1 or the other. Personally, I feel it's like an equation. When there is sufficiency, there is satisfaction; with sufficiency (believing God will provide all our needs and make us fruitful), we are contented. Hence, we can be satisfied. And when these 2 add together, we are successful. All 3 'S's will only exist together when we let God lead us. And only with His provision, will we have success. For unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain (Psalm 127). So trust in the Lord in the ways He provides for our jobs. He always has plans, not to harm us but to prosper us (Jeremiah 29:11).

On a personal note, I thank God for His provision. I've shared this a couple of times, that my job/career is one of the biggest area where I've seen God's provision. It's amazing how He led me here, right now, and I'm glad I can continue to give thanks for that, even as He continue to pave the way for me, wherever it may lead. I'm assured of the sufficiency I get from Him, from the open doors to the sufficient resources, and also how He guides my way throughout, even when it baffles me initially.
And all things worked out well eventually, just like how I didn't get the transfer I applied for because it wasn't the right time (anyway, it didn't feel right at that time), and He has put me in another (totally new) area to further develop me in my work. And I'm learning a lot more about the Singapore music scene (well, the "older" generation in fact, like xinyao) as a result. Well, music is one of my passions after all.
And I'm glad I'm contented, and thus satisfied with His provision, whether it's my pay (I always can't remember how much I actually earn, exactly) or the work He's given me, and the favour shown me. So yah, I think I'm pretty successful in my workplace. Why worry so much? Of course, it doesn't mean we laze around, but we just do what He's planned for us. And doing so will reap a good reward.

I've been asked whether I will work as a librarian "forever". After all, I've been here for almost 6 years now (time flies!). Or what I would do if I stopped being one. Honestly, I've never really thought about it (ok, maybe a little bit...since people asked) and my answer would be, I really don't know. Since God led me here, my next stop will be where He wants me to go and when He wants me to go. Hopefully I'll be ready and willing then, so He doesn't need to be too hard on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment