As one of my objectives of visiting Hong Kong was to visit at least 1 museum, we went to the Hong Kong Museum of History. Interestingly it started off like a natural science history journey and neolithic revolution first. Who would have thought since I only think of Hong Kong from the Chinese history perspective. Admission is HKD10 (less than S$2) and HKD5 each for my parents.
This is the museum main entrance:
And some exhibits:
After the museum, it was already quite late, around 2 plus and we were hungry. However, the 2 places around we thought of going to were closed for lunch already by the time we reached around 3pm. In the end, we settled for Fook Yuen at Houston Centre for afternoon dimsum, which was so-so, and staff weren't as friendly.
Oh, and I saw the nice bag from Giallo, which you would now know that I went back to buy eventually (yup, didn't buy it straightaway). I was holding out in search of a lightweight black bag I would like and willing to pay for (which I didn't). I wouldn't say I specially went back to buy, but we wanted to try Lei Garden (see later post) which was one of the restaurants that was already closed when we reached this day, so had 顺便 bought the bag.
After that, we decided to try to explore Uniqlo and H&M. We never managed to reach the latter, as we got side-tracked first to Sogo TST, which we didn't find anything (no sale going on), and then nearly "lost" our way, because we didn't know which part of Canton Street Uniqlo was. It was actually in Harbour City itself, and we thought we could see it from outside. But, as a result, we unwittingly wandered to the outlet mall, where we found some shoes at Mirabell, my father 1 pair of Merrell, and me 2 pairs from Stonefly (which I think we can't find in Singapore) :P. That's 3 pairs of shoes for me already within 2 days! And all three cost us a total of HKD 2,236.
Anyway, there were some Halloween decorations along Canton Road that were pretty cute.
Well, we finally found Uniqlo. My mum wanted to buy one of those lightweight down jackets they had and well, I got a long-sleeve tee and a white blouse (JPlus). Bought some stuff there (I got a white shirt and long-sleeve tee) and by the time it was already almost 9pm, so we settled for Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao. We heard that Crystal Jade in HK was good, and it was not bad. We tried to order some of what we don't normally see on our menus here.
So that ended our Day 2. Thankfully we could just take the shuttle bus back to the hotel after a long day of walking.
10 years ago

























No comments:
Post a Comment