I went off to Hong Kong 2 Saturdays ago with my parents and guess what? I started my shopping on the plane with a S$38 foldable pair of pumps. It didn't really fit my mum or me (there was only 1 size), so we gave it to my sis-in-law who has smaller feet, and she liked it, especially with its foldability. :)
And well, only reaching the hotel (Metropark Kowloon) at about 1 plus to 2pm, we took a while before coming out. And on checking with some locals, we were recommended some eating places. It was to our pleasure that we're living very near to lots of food. Previously, we stayed along Nathan Road which was near the shopping. Ha! Looks like staying on Kowloon side when I'm in Hong Kong seems quite convenient.
The hotel wasn't too fancy, just a simple set up, a bit older maybe, but at least it's generally clean. That's the most important. And there's free internet access!
There's also a shuttle bus to send us to Mong Kok (Fa Yuen St) or Tsim Sha Tsui MTR stations (Peninsula Hotel) every half hour. Oh, the taxi driver also told us quite a few HK stars stayed near us, e.g. Andy Lau, who's on the hill just behind the hotel. Hmm...since we were out most of the time, I guess we probably missed seeing any stars.
By the time we left the hotel, it was around 4pm, and we visited a nearby restaurant for dim sum recommended by our local hotel agent, which was just 2 minutes walk from our hotel. It's called Bauhinia Seafood Restaurant (紫荆阁海鲜酒家) and it was supposed to serve "怀旧" (nostalgic-style) food & dimsum. As it was quite late, some of the things were not available already, but there were some interesting ones that we can't find in Singapore, like the 蛋黄千层糕 (salted egg yolk multi-layered cake) and the 奶皇马拉卷 (custard malai roll).
And yes! After this first meal, we started our shopping spree. It so happened that Wing On Plus (Nathan Rd) was having their pre-sale sale again this time round (around the same time we came last year) and I bought my first pair of shoes there, a SBPA velvet? heels with a frilly scrunch (HKD399). My mum bought a pair of shoes too (her only pair) from her favourite Pansy brand (HKD295). We also bought a CoBo leather handbag for my sis-in-law (HKD 598) which loved :). Hee...sorry I only have a pic of my shoes.
We were quite tired after that since we'd only just arrived, so revisited the Tsui Wah just opposite (behind Nathan Hotel) and had our late dinner.
Oh, as I was still having my cough, we got the usual Poon Goor Soe (潘高寿) cough mixture for me. The ones sold in Singapore are different, with a pinkish coloured packaging & smaller (which I think is from Malaysia) and somehow, I find this one with the green packaging works better, which is from Hong Kong. I remember long ago, I first bought a bottle of this in San Francisco's Chinatown and it worked pretty well.
So that ended our 1st day.
10 years ago












No comments:
Post a Comment