The Animation Nation Film Festival 2010 recently came and went. Being a fan of Japanese anime, I had to watch at least 1 of those. I picked 《文学少女 Bungaku Shōjo》 which is the anime film adaptation of a series of Japanese light novels, directed by Shunsuke Tada.
Synopsis:
Freshman Konoha Inoue is a senior high student who used to author bestselling female romance novels under a nom-de-plume, until an incident 2 years ago left him resolved to never write again.
Synopsis:
Freshman Konoha Inoue is a senior high student who used to author bestselling female romance novels under a nom-de-plume, until an incident 2 years ago left him resolved to never write again.
One day, Inoue finds himself suddenly a member of the Literary Club, after he stumbles upon a girl eating pages of a book under the Magnolia blossoms. From then on, Inoue writes to feed Toko Amano’s literary appetite.
Here's the trailer:
Characteristic of this type of Japanese anime film, I found the story very sweet, though a tad draggy. A strong reference was made to Miyazawa Kenji's "銀河鉄道の夜" (Night on the Galactic Railroad), which drives the main story. Maybe I should go and find a translation of the book.
The scene at the observatory was very 夸张 and unbelievable, but it was nice and magical. I felt that Toko seemed to be like some "angel" that came into Inoue's life. Wonder if he ever met her again?
I think one of the most memorable quotes was when Toko said something about how we tend to get tired and forget about the reason we pursue our dreams or happiness; we forget or are unable to find our own stories of happiness. However, we can read other people's stories to find happiness in another person's perspective.
I can't remember the exact phrasing, but it was nice.
The scene at the observatory was very 夸张 and unbelievable, but it was nice and magical. I felt that Toko seemed to be like some "angel" that came into Inoue's life. Wonder if he ever met her again?
I think one of the most memorable quotes was when Toko said something about how we tend to get tired and forget about the reason we pursue our dreams or happiness; we forget or are unable to find our own stories of happiness. However, we can read other people's stories to find happiness in another person's perspective.
I can't remember the exact phrasing, but it was nice.

No comments:
Post a Comment