Strangely, I don't know why I've been thinking about an art installation piece I did a couple of years ago. Maybe because I saw an art exhibit that used a similar translucent-box effect that triggered it off yesterday. Or maybe a colleague reminded me a week or so ago when she said "you did some art display or something before right?". I was quite surprised as she was relatively new to the company and I did the piece before she joined, although she used to work for the papers (yes, I appeared on the papers for that).
So I went back to read my post on it and felt encouraged again about my artistic endeavours whatever they might/will be. I can't draw for nuts and visual arts is really one of my weakest, and the piece was a little amateurish in the way it's constructed (low-budget), but this showed how inspiration and passion (and blessings too) can make things happen. I can't believe how I actually came up with it. Ah well, you need this kind of reminders from time to time.
10 years ago

"but this showed how inspiration and passion (and blessings too) can make things happen. I can't believe how I actually came up with it. Ah well, you need this kind of reminders from time to time."
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's a reminder to start getting out of your seat to pursue your current artistic ambitions, if any (e.g. playwriting/novel-writing). Things can't happen if you don't make the first step. Good that you actually went out and did the art installation piece back then!
Shouldn't I be getting "into" the seat instead? :P
ReplyDeleteAnyway, think I might start on a short story or a simple story soon.