(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Thursday, December 16, 2010

Living with Cadenzaz

I attended another of my friend, Tze's concert recently. Well, I would have preferred a solo by him (which he hardly does these days) but this was in a more intimate setting (The Living Room at The Arts House) where he was playing the piano with the saxophonist, Boon Chye.
Cadenzaz_05
They started the evening with a few jazzy pieces. I'm not so into jazz, except maybe for certain specific styles, so as jazz goes, I just listened. But the music became more classical, in the contemporary sense. As my friend does film scoring, you know what you can expect. He's also rather into East-West fusion styles, so there will be some elements of that, or at least inspiration from there, like his Pangu.

Personally, I liked Sepia Rain, A Short Film About You and the piece that he dedicated to "someone special" (I didn't get the name down).

He mentioned he'll be releasing an album soon, so will wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. "But the music became more classical, in the contemporary sense."

    Eh...what is the meaning of "classical in the contemporary sense"? Isn't that a contradiction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh...it has classical elements, but with a more current theme?
    Don't know how else to describe.

    ReplyDelete