Was commenting on 1 of my friend's blog post (JY) which eventually led to a whole series of comments and perspectives, not to mention contradictory statements (human nature isn't it?). Thought I'll reproduce some of my comments here as this is what I feel about finding the right/perfect partner.
It started with my friend posting the new ad by MCYS with the headline "Don't Dream of the Perfect Life Partner..." which started me on how little imperfections actually make us unique and essentially perfect in a way, coz no one else will have the same set of perfections and imperfections. I've always felt that little imperfections actually endear one to another and coupled with the perfections of the person, make the overall person who he/she is. A couple should complement each other such that each person will help make the seeming flaws be sublime.
No human is perfect & I believe everyone knows that, so though everyone has in mind what the "perfect" person would be like, they understand that it is a fantasy. However, despite of this, people hope that whom they have found in reality is the perfect one, or as close to their idea of the "perfect partner" as possible.
Interestingly, a discussion ensued on the right one versus the perfect one. Another friend (JL) commented that the right one doesn't have to be the perfect one. Which raised a question: "Isn't the right one the perfect one?"
I believe that the right one is the perfect one as the right one is the one that is perfectly suited to you. I believe that God has planned someone for each of us who according to His idea, is the the perfect one for us, not our own perception of what is perfect. To put it another way, the "perfect one" that one desires is likely someone perfect in our own eyes, but actually, when you turn it around, the "perfect one" in God's eyes is the one right for you.
To sum it up, the perfect one (in our eyes) might not be the right one, but the right one will eventually become the perfect one.
When in doubt, pray.
10 years ago

I think "the perfect one" is a term/thought coined by humans whereas "the right one" is more from a Godly perspective...
ReplyDeleteNowadays I just leave it to God... Don't wanna think/hope so much already *tired*
B