(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Monday, April 13, 2009

State of shock...or no.

Am feeling a bit angry right now as was actually fooled by a friend.

I had heard/read that the founder of Songcraft Songwriting Circle is closing it down after our final session this Wednesday and I was like "is this for real?" (I wished I hadn't logged onto the PC last night or I would have only found it out today which was almost the end of the joke). At that moment, I was speechless as a mix of feelings filled me. Feelings of confusion like "what's going on" and more than anything, a sense of loss.

Ok, there were signs that this was a joke. Firstly, he posted it on his personal blog, not the circle's blog. He labelled it "humour" (which I only noticed it later), and he noted that it's a late post, like "about one and a half weeks overdue", which judging from the humour tag, it could have been April Fool's. Then there was the rationalisation that he would at least have forewarned us? But of course, reeling from shock made us missed the signs at first but as we rationalised, we questioned him and he still pretended to be serious about the whole thing! Shortly after, he confirmed it's a joke in his next post, which made me feel like "strangling" him. It wasn't funny lor! I nearly cried you know (sorry, been a bit sensitive recently). But I guess it wouldn’t have had the same kind of effect if he had posted it on April Fool’s Day itself. Fortunately, I'm quite forgiving in nature or else...(奸笑) :P
Actually, I think this is not the first time he cracked a "serious" joke.

Honestly, with all the big reaction, I must say that this shows how important the circle is. It has helped me find a group of great friends and also led me to discover my innate desire (and I hope to say gifting) to write songs. It has become a part of me & my life and is something that I look forward to each month. I can't imagine it just disappearing all of a sudden, without warning. But to face the fact, we know that some day, it might not be a joke anymore and it will come to pass. But please, give us some preparation first all right?!

4 comments:

  1. "Actually, I think this is not the first time he cracked a "serious" joke."

    Huh? You mean I did it before meh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that impression. Nothing as serious as this lah or else I would remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a HUGE reaction u have to blog about it heh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I drafted a short post initially when I first believed the joke...lamentations and the shock.

    Then I was thinking, what if it was really a joke? So I held back and eventually, the post changed to this really lengthy one. Haha...

    ReplyDelete