(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Sunday, October 25, 2009

a gathering of ex-classmates

This is one of the wonders of Facebook.

I had a class gathering today with my primary school classmates and it was good to reconnect with them again. I had lost contact with most of them for years now, some since primary school, and it's amazing that we could find each other again, all thanks to the "powers" of Facebook. 12 of us turned up (out of a class of about 40?), but well not everyone is on Facebook, but some of them were in contact with one another, so yah, it was considered quite a success already. A bit embarassing though was that I couldn't recall some of them; some have changed a lot, some not so, but well, a couple of them also didn't remember me either. It's also a bit difficult to identify them online as during our primary school days, we used to use our hanyu pinyin names until MOE decided to change to using our dialect names later on. But we still addressed each other with our Chinese names (except of course our non-Chinese friends). I had missed a couple of planned gatherings this year (although I don't know if they came to pass) as I had been jetting around quite a bit this year.

Actually, it started in Friendster when 1 of my primary school classmates spotted me as V's friend, and dropped me a mail to ask if I was from the same class as her in primary school. Yup, it's a small world. It turns out V probably knows a few others too since they were from NYGS. And that's how I got connected back to my primary school classmates, who later started a Facebook group.

It's good to find out everyone is doing well, and quite a no. of them (out of the 12) were already married or are getting married. Looking forward to the next gathering.

"You ain't (re)connected if you don't meet up".

No comments:

Post a Comment