As a film, I would rate it as ok. I think if it were not Meryl Streep, the show would turn out quite differently. But it was entertaining nonetheless, not to mention appetising (especially when we haven't eaten dinner!). I love French food. It all looked pretty yummy (and daunting to cook).
Watching it reminded me that I should be thinking of what to make for Christmas this year (if I'm making anything). Have been contemplating making avocado ice-cream too, which I saw in the latest issue of Jamie Magazine (yes, I'm a big fan of Jamie Oliver and subscribe to his magazine) and maybe the key lime pie too.
Also, I saw the trailer to Sherlock Holmes. I'm a big fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" and have read all the stories. At one point, I was so inspired that I contemplated joining the police force, which of course, I didn't. Well, in a way, Sherlock Holmes did have a influence on me in terms of picking up fencing. He's like the super well-rounded detective who's intellectual, plays the violin, fences, etc. But this movie seems a bit action-packed though. There's mention of a nemesis, but the only one I know of is Professor M.
I've always loved the classic English whodunit mysteries and another author I've read is of course Agatha Christie (I've got the whole Hercule Poirot series). It's later than Sherlock Holmes, but still interesting.
Hmm...maybe I should read the anthology again before the show starts.
10 years ago

I am a HUGE fan of Sherlock Holmes too. It's probably one of my favourite series of books. I think I've read almost all the short stories. (I always thought Sherlock Holmes appealed more to guys?)
ReplyDeleteI thought Sherlock Holmes is for everyone?
ReplyDeleteMaybe I was influenced by my brother, then again, my mum also likes it. Everyone loves a good mystery and trying to solve the crime.
I think I should have read all of them already, and have all the stories with me.
Great to find a fellow Sherlock Holmes fan. :)