(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Friday, October 02, 2009

Recollection of why my focus in ethnomusicology

It just came back to me 1 reason I picked my mentor as my mentor in the first place (besides the point that I was very impressed with his paper and presentation during last year's NAFA Symposium...he literally became my "偶像").

I recalled that it was during his presentation that I found my focus in what I wanted to do for the specialisation I had picked (Asian music). Previously, I wanted something more than just collecting music. Collecting music is very broad and how can one really find a specialisation? Then his presentation pointed me to "music trends" or rather how some ethnic music had changed. Now I realised how relevant it was to my attachment experience which had deepen my interest in ethnomusicology.
Sorry, I'm quite forgetful (it was a year ago) and with the amount of work and admin hiccups of arranging for the attachment, I lost sight & drive for my purpose. Initially, I had actually given up on going for attachment and was in fact rather "xian" of going. But now that I managed to go, I'm glad that I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment