(Check out when some upcoming movies will be released at the bottom)


Saturday, October 03, 2009

Milestones in Life are marked by People, not events

It somehow became apparent to me that my personal "milestones" in life are in fact marked by people rather than events, or rather, I mark my "milestones" with people rather than events. It was not the time when I graduated from school, nor the time when I started work, nor the time when I changed jobs, etc. Even though these are important events, they seem like a faded memory, a little distant and is part of the "normal" course of life. In fact, I think the people who were there at that point of time and your interaction or responses to them would make a difference of your impression of that occasion. It can become a milestone or something forgettable depending on your impression.

People can make an ordinary occasion into a milestone, a turning point in life or at least a point when you change focus, or discover something meaningful that you have not known before. Like the time I discovered the love of Jesus, the time of "growing" with my 1st cellgroup, the time I met my songwriting friends where I started discovering new music and made me more motivated in songwriting and the direction of music, and most recently, how inspired I was by my mentor on looking deeper into ethnomusicology, etc.

Subjects have no meaning in them unless somebody injects life or humanity into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment